Nuffnang

Free online advertising

Sunday 22 July 2007

Germany Trip....last episode Dusseldorf

After Koln, proceed to my last stop in Dusseldorf. Was here to visit another steel mill in Witten, located about 60km away from Dusseldorf . We were outplayed by the weather this time. As my family also came to Dusseldorf in early June, the weather was about 35c..and I expected hotter weather into the summer, and we came unprepared. Luckily I still has a suit and a windbreaker, but I really pity my travel partner who came in summer clothings ! We really never expected the weather to dop to 10c !!!! Even my German supplier was caught by surprise over this sudden change.

What would be a trip to Germany would be without sampling their local beers and the infamous German Pork Knuckle. To me the pork knuckle is what satay is to Malaysia. A trip wouldn't be complete without one, and foreigners always know this famous food, and thought we eat satay regularly ( in fact we dont ). I always have a perception that Germans always eats pork knuckle ...but as a matter of fact they dont. My supplier in Germany last had one 3 years ago. Y ??? I bound to find out later. Pork knuckle( die Schinken ) is either eaten grilled or boiled, served with sauerkraut ( pickled sour cabbage ) and mustard.

















Left : Strolling along Altftadt- Old Town Right : Statue of the founder of Dusseldorf

























































Strolling along Rhine river





























Uerige beer...you can only find it here.














This pub has its own micro brewery inside !!!!!





























Do what the romans do, eat what the Germans eat !!! This is what I get when I ask for a typical German lunch, a huge serving of pork chop m summer vegetables in this local restaurant.















My prok knuckle experience....





























This is where I had my german pork knuckle , and Napoleon Bonarparte ate here before !!!















Napoleons Corner...And he sat here...














My hearty pork knuckle..delicious..had a tough time eating it...and I'll never touch another pork knuckle in 5 years..scroll down to find out why...















Half way thru....and I am starting to feel full














3/4...almost there.....full oledi





























At last..battle won in 30 minutes and after 2 beers......BLURPPPPPP.................... I wouldn't take pork knuckle for the next 5 years !!!!!!




















Another great beer to go with the pork knuckle















A Malteser, great after meal drink ( 40% proof ) really helps digestion






















Left : The Mayors office Right : After dinner stroll in oldtown.















"Why pay RM330k for a Merc E Class ...while its only used as a taxi here !!!! " thats is the question I'll asked my dad . Told u to get a BMW 5 series earlier..at least its not a taxi.






























" The KÖ " -Most exclusive shopping boulevard


Most notably on gliterring Königsallee , with all its cosmopolitan elegance and flair. One of Europe's most delightful boulevards, its a unique mile of style that never fails to enchant, what fails here is only your credit card limit , aiseh !!! Literally flowing with European luxury wares , past the show windows opulently stocks with the latest offerings from Louis Vuitton , TODS ,Prada , Gucci , Max Mara , Burberry ...and all the luxury you can think off....

















































Seven @ Saturn....... Results of Konigsallee.....















Germany is a place where you can find beer which is cheaper than water..and great cars ....latest Audi R8















Aerial view of Dusseldorf from TV tower, 180metres above sea level.















A rainbow to say farewell to me.......biggest laptop ??? in Frankfurt Am airport















End of a dream journey...the start of a nightmare.......

No comments:

nuffnang

Merdeka !! Merdeka !!